Tuesday November 8, 2011
The counsellor education team welcomes counsellors, NZAC members, counselling students, supervisors of students, prospective students and other interested social service workers or managers to a professional community day at the University of Waikato.
10:15am: Welcome, morning tea. (Faculty of Education Cafe, Block TC, level 1, Gate 4 or 5, Hillcrest Rd)
11am-12.15pm: Morning presentations
- James Arkwright – Responding to the social constructions of impairment, illness and disability: the role of metaphor in six peoples actions of agency.
- Wendy Talbot – Couples and humour: an intriguing relationship.
12:15pm-1.15pm: Lunch (please bring or buy your own lunch)
1:30pm-3.30pm: Afternoon presentations
- Titihuia Rewita – Some reflections on culture and supervision.
- Rachel Wolfe – How do new practitioners come to understand and effectively use supervision?
- Ireni Esler – Critical reflexivity for supervision.
- Kathie Crocket and Paul Flanagan – An overview of our recent supervision research and publications.
There is no charge to attend this Community Day. However we invite you to bring contributions for a Food Bank collection box. We welcome you to our Community Day and ask that you extend this invitation to your colleagues.
Date: Tuesday 8 November, 2011
Parking: Gate 3B Silverdale Rd, Hamilton, University of Waikato